Michigan Reconnect offers a tuition-Free opportunity!
Have you been thinking about changing direction in your life? There has never been a better time to start or return to college, and GCC is here to assist in your success.
Michigan Reconnect is a state financial aid program that provides eligible students with tuition-free access to pursue an associate degree or occupational certificate at their local community college.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Michigan resident, with continuous residency for at least the preceding 12 months.
- Be 25 years or older at the time of application.
- Have not previously earned an associate or bachelor's degree.
- Meet federal financial aid eligibility requirements, including:
- Be either a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen, based on federal financial aid requirements.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS?
1. Michigan Reconnect ApplicationYour first step is to apply for the Michigan Reconnect scholarship. After applying, you will be notified regarding your eligibility.Apply Now for MI Reconnect
2. GCC Admission Application
While you wait to hear back about your Reconnect application, submit your GCC application for admission. Even if you are a returning student, we like to have updated information on file and the best way to submit your information is through our quick, simple, and free application.Apply to GCC
3. Complete the FAFSAFAFSA completion is a required step for the Michigan Reconnect scholarship. If you need assistance with this step, do not hesitate to connect with a helpful member of GCC's financial aid department at 906-307-1254. Complete the FAFSA
4. Get Started at GCCThere are a number of steps you need to complete before beginning classes at GCC, including transcript submission, testing, and registering for classes. Get Started