EARN SCHOLARSHIPS WHILE PROMOTING GCC!
What is a SAMI?
S - Student: Who knows the ins-and-outs of GCC better than you?
A - Ambassador: You are ready to shout it from the rooftops (or post it on social media) how much you like it at GCC!
M - Role Model: Other students look to you for leadership and guidance when navigating the hardships of college.
I - Influencer: Showing future GCC students they can BE BOLD, just like you!
Not only does it look great on a resume to your future employers, you get added perks for your time which include:
- GCC SAMI t-shirt
- $100 Gift card to the Samsons Canteen
- $250 Foundation Scholarship at the end of each semester served
- GCC gear and swag
We are looking for well-rounded students with various backgrounds to best represent GCC's diverse student body. We are looking for students who meet the following requirements:
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Be a current student enrolled in a certificate or degree program at GCC.
- Be in good financial standing with GCC.
- Have no criminal record.
- Be willing to post on GCC social media accounts following the guidelines provided by the college.
- Allow GCC to use your photo/image/likeness for the purposes of promoting the college
We are looking for students who give an honest account of their time at GCC to prospective students and reach as many people as possible. Here are a few duties required of a SAMI:
- One campus tour per semester
- One weekly Social Media post
- One ‘day-in-the-life' video social media post per semester
- Volunteer at one GCC community event per semester
- Be present in the hallway during the first week of school (rotating schedule with other SAMIs) to answer questions and give directions to other students.
Follow our social media pages to see their fun work!
Meet GCC's 2022-23 SAMIs
Michelle Vencl (Snapchat)
Michelle is from Missouri, currently studying Social Work at GCC, and is looking to graduate in 2024. This is her second year as a SAMI. Michelle is also heavily involved in TRiO and volunteers at the VFW in Wakefield. When she's not studying, Michelle enjoys watching TV, being outside when its warm, spending time with her animals, and road tripping with her girlfriend.
"My favorite thing about GCC is how helpful and accommodating the college is, as an older student I was worried I wouldn’t fit in. Most professors with help you if you need extra attention, the faculty is super friendly and willing to help you or find the right person that can help you, and the class sizes are super small."
Rayona Suelflow (Instagram/Facebook)
Rayona is from Northern WI, working on an associates degree in Natural Resources from GCC, and anticipating to graduate in 2024. She is an active member of TRiO the treasurer of Phi Theta Kappa at GCC, and this is her first year as a SAMI. Outside of school, Rayona is also a Head Start Policy Council member. Her favorite things to do outside of class are spend time with family, play music, practice yoga, and explore nature/ethnobotany.
"My favorite things about GCC are the small class sizes and on-campus with remote option flexibility."
Hanna Hoskin (TikTok)
Hanna comes to GCC from Minnesota and is studying general business with an anticipated graduation in May of 2024. She is involved in GCC women’s basketball, the TRiO program, and this is Hanna's first year as a SAMI. Outside of school, she can be found doing what she loves, playing basketball or cooking.
"My favorite thing about GCC is the community and the support we receive from the staff to be successful in our time here."