REALLY? I can live on campus?
Yes, you can! Located within blocks of the hiking, biking, and Nordic ski trails,
GCC Campus Suites owns the bragging rights to a unique experience which allows you
to immerse yourself in nature within minutes of campus. The Lindquist Student and
Conference Center will draw you in with basketball courts, weight room, and exercise
equipment. Don't forget that you are also footsteps away from the Mt. Zion Winter
Recreational Ski Complex.
It is rare to have campus housing at a community college, and we are so proud to be able to offer that to our students. Our students truly get that university feel, at a fraction of the cost! With a locked entrance and an on-ground Campus Suites Manager, safety is a priority, in conjunction with a fantastic campus experience! We encourage you to check out our offerings and welcome you to contact us with any questions.
Students really DO have more fun when they live on campus!
Campus Suites Information
Besides a quick walk to classes in the blustery Ironwood winters, there are a multitude of reasons to choose campus living:
- Develops independence
- Helps you adjust quickly to the college life
- It's easier to be involved in campus activities, programs, and groups
- Meet new people and develop close friendships
It's just… FUN!
- 4 person semi-private suites, with furnished bedroom and dining space. Includes extra-long twin bed, desk/chair, clothes bureau, closet space, and window coverings.
- Full kitchen per suite includes a full size stove top/oven, 16 cubic foot refrigerator, kitchen sink, and cabinet space.
- Full bath space per suite.
- Shared vanity space per room. Includes a large mirror, sink, and cabinet space.
- Individually controlled heating/cooling unit per room.
- Handicapped accessible, double key-entry, and electronic surveillance for security.
- Laundry room on-site.
- Individually assigned mailboxes on-site.
- Free parking.
- Elevator access to the second floor.
- Live-in Manager of Campus Suites and resident assistants.
- Activities, events, and opportunities for involvement and leadership.
- Two group lounge areas with flat-screen televisions and snack machines.
- Access to the Lindquist Student and Conference Center, which houses the gymnasium, weight rooms, walking track, exercise room and student lounge.
- Access to outdoor fire ring and seating.
- Access to GCC computer labs, academic support lab, Mt. Zion, and the GCC library.
Residents must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credits to be eligible to live on campus. When applying and submitting a contract, each resident will pay a one-time application fee and security deposit. Once moved in, the security deposit converts to a damage deposit.
- Application Fee: $25.00 (one-time)
- Security Deposit: $200.00 (one time)
- Double Room: $1,900 per semester
- Single Room: $2,400 per semester
This checklist is for those students interested in housing for the 2022-2023 academic year. If you are looking for more information for a different academic year, please connect with the Office of Student Housing, (906) 307-1267.
- The application, provided with this checklist, must be completed to help the office place residents.
- Return the application, either by mail, email or in person, to the Office of Student Housing along with the $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- The contract will either be mailed to the address listed on your application once it is submitted or will be included in your application packet. Return the signed contract to the Office of Student Housing. Be sure to thoroughly review the content of the contract before signing.
- Submit the $200.00 security deposit payment. The contract is not complete and a space will not be reserved until payment is received. Once moved in, the security deposit converts to a refundable damage deposit.
- Please note that once you sign and submit the Campus Suites Contract, you will be billed for housing for the entire academic year unless you cancel your contract prior to moving in to the Campus Suites or until you receive approval on a Contract Release Request.
- Once your application materials are received in full, a housing assignment will be made. Confirmation of your assignment will be mailed to the address listed on your application. As we have a limited number of spaces in Campus Suites. It is recommended that the application, contract, and correlating payments are submitted to the Office of Student Housing no later than July 1, 2022. Applications will still be accepted after that but reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Contact information for your assigned roommates and suitemates will be included in your housing assignment when possible. If you want your contact information to be shared with your roommate or suitemates, please be sure to indicate such on the designated space in the Campus Suites Application.
- As applications are received throughout the summer, the Office of Student Housing may need to make changes to your housing assignment after it has been made. You will be notified of these changes should they arise.
- Apply for admission to Gogebic Community College, attend Orientation, and register for classes. To be eligible for student housing at GCC, you must be an admitted student and registered for 12 or more credits at the school. If you have any questions about your admissions status, please connect with our Admissions Office at (906) 307-1207.
- Complete your Financial Aid paperwork for 2022-2023. If you have any questions about financial aid, please connect with our Financial Aid Office at (906) 307-1206.