Advance Standing LPN to RN Program Overview
- Associate Degree
- 1 Year
- Main Campus - Ironwood
Start working as a Registered Nurse in as little as 2 semesters! LPN’s with an unencumbered current LPN license can join the 2nd year of the nursing program and graduate with an associate’s degree. Students gain the skills necessary to confidently care for acute and chronically ill patients in a wide variety of hospital and community settings.
- Interactive classroom environment with experienced, certified faculty
- A wide variety of hands-on lab and patient care simulation experiences
- Clinical experiences with real patient interactions
- Articulation agreements allowing for smooth transitions to RN to BSN programs
- Transition class to ensure a successful transition from the LPN to RN role
- Photo Identification, background check, drug screen, and immunizations
- Completion of pre-requisite classes before admission, within the required timeframe and minimum grade
- 3.0 GPA in BIO 250, BIO 251, ENG 101, and PSY 101; proof of math competency
- Current LPN licensure
*Program is based in Ironwood with hybrid classroom options.
The Gogebic Community College, practical nursing and associate degree nursing programs, are pursuing pre-accreditation candidacy status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA), located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20037; phone 202-909-2487. Interested parties are invited to submit third party comments in writing directly to NLN CNEA (email@example.com) no later than November 24, 2022.
Learn what GCC Students Say About this Program:
Courses at Gogebic
|Humanities Course||Humanities Course||3|
|NUR 240||Concepts of Nursing Practice Care of Adults with Stable/Unstable Conditions||5|
|NUR 241||Clinical Experience of Nursing Practice||4|
|NUR 242||Transition to RN program||1|
|NUR 244||Concepts of Nursing Practice Care of Patients Across Lifespan Complex Conditions||4|
|NUR 245||Clinical Experience of Complex Patients||4|
|NUR 246||Transition to Nursing Practice||2|
|Communications (ENG 102, ENG 250, SPE 101, OR SPE 105)||Communications Course||3|
|Total Credits: 42|
Students must complete pre-admission requirements of COL102, BIO250, ENG101, and PSY101 and apply to the program.