Gogebic Community College is excited to have you as a student with us this Fall. The world has definitely changed, but your future plans don’t have to. The administration, faculty and staff are here to help you stay on track with flexible scheduling, tutoring and student services. The safety of our GCC community continues to be our number one priority. We are doing everything we can to safeguard our environment by following both the CDC and State of Michigan guidelines while providing a quality education.
GCC is also joining in the fight against COVID-19 as a Vaccine Champion College. Click here for more information on incentives.
CDC and MDHHS recommends universal indoor masking regardless of vaccination status. GCC expects everyone to follow this recommendation beginning Monday, August 16 while indoors. Coronavirus - MDHHS issues updated COVID-19 school guidance to help keep kids and educators healthy (michigan.gov)
Please continue to check your GCC email for any updates.
IRONWOOD and HOUGHTON STATUS
Current Status Green Level
Green level status will be triggered on campus when the state and local health departments have indicated little to no community spread, the pandemic is being controlled through vaccinations, and any outbreaks can be contained quickly. There should be no significant numbers of reported cases in Gogebic County or Houghton County.
- College maintains standard operating hours and college wide services.
- CDC standards of cleaning and sanitizing for the institution to remain in relation to preventing community spread.
- All employees back to work on campus and CDC and MIOSHA regulations are being followed to ensure the safety of all students, staff, and visitors to the campus.
- In class instruction is present.
|Student Information||GCC Reopening Plan|
|Daily Student Protocol|
|Covid-19 FAQs||Meetings and Events|
Lindquist Student and Conference Center
The LSCC will operate under capacity limits and COVID screening criteria recommended by the State of Michigan and the CDC. The walking track will have a maximum capacity of 20 individuals at one time and the weight room will allow two individuals at one time. The gymnasium will be open for individual skill improvement (shoot baskets, dribble, run). All visitors will need to conduct a self- screening to determine their eligibility to utilize the facility and will be required to disclose their name and phone number for contact tracing, if it becomes necessary, along with wearing a mask if you are not vaccinated at all times and all vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors must maintain six-foot social distancing.
The hours of operation are:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Friday 7:30 am – Noon
As a precaution, please follow these recommended guidelines from the CDC. Most importantly, if you are feeling ill, please seek medical care right away.
Informative documents courtesy of the Western Upper Peninsula Health Department:
Healthcare Contact Information
Aspirus COVID-19 Call Center: 1-844-568-0701
To prevent the spread of the virus and provide the most appropriate care to the communities we serve, Aspirus has established a call center for people concerned they might be infected with COVID-19. The dedicated line will be operational and staffed by live operators during the following hours:
- 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday – Sunday
Additional Contact Information:
- Western U.P. Health Department (906-487-5545) - Mon - Fri from 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Aspirus Grand View in Ironwood (906-932-2525)
- UP Health System Portage (906-483-1000)
- Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital (906-337-6500)
- Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center-Houghton Clinic (906-483-1860, located in the SDC).