Peer Mentoring Program
TRiO SSS Peer Mentoring Program 2018-2019
TRiO SSS is recruiting Peer Mentors and Mentees for the 2018-2019 academic year. Please inquire within ACES if you are interested in this GREAT PROGRAM!
The goal of the TRiO SSS Peer Mentor Program is to support new TRiO-SSS participants by pairing them with upper class students who have similar majors, experiences, or interests. TRiO-SSS Peer Mentors will assist students with their transition to GCC by connecting students to the broader campus community and resources, providing tutoring, and positive one-on-one interactions. Participating and utilizing the TRiO-SSS Peer Mentor Program can positively contribute to the academic experience and success for both mentor and mentee. Ask a TRiO staff member about becoming a mentor or mentee!
Benefits of the TRiO SSS Peer Mentoring Program:
- Engaging in valuable peer-to-peer meetings
- Asking questions to receive additional advice, guidance and support
- Becoming better acclimated with campus and its resources
- Mentee introductions to faculty and staff
- Opportunity to volunteer and create professional networks with various organizations
- Personally being invited to join mentors in TRiO-SSS events, campus activities, academic workshops, club meetings and cultural events