Who Am I?


First Time Student

High School Graduates
All fully-matriculated high school graduates without prior college experience are eligible for regular admission. An official transcript of the student’s high school academic record must be on file in the Admissions Office before admission status will be determined.

High School Equivalency
Students who have successfully completed the GED test or another high school equivalency examination are eligible for regular  admission. Documentation of high school credit, including test subscores, must be on file in the Admissions Office before admission status will be determined.

Apply Now.


Transfer Student

Transfer Credit Policy

Students transferring from other post-secondary educational institutions are eligible for regular admission if in good academic standing at the prior schools attended. College students transferring to Gogebic Community College from other institutions must fulfill the same requirements of all incoming students and follow the same procedures in applying for admission as well as the following:

  • If a student is seeking transfer credit, official transcripts from all other colleges or universities attended should be sent to the Admissions
  • The Transfer Coordinator utilizes The Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs to verify college credentials and insure the transferring institution has accreditation before granting transfer credit. Each transcript is evaluated on an individual basis, and credit is awarded based on the entering major.
  • Grades lower than a “C” will not be accepted as transfer credit to Gogebic Community Colleg GCC can assume no responsibility, however, for the acceptance of such credits by institutions to which students with advanced standing may transfer later. At least 16 course credits, excluding physical education, must be taken and completed at Gogebic Community College for degree qualification.
  • An applicant accepted as a transfer student who was subject to academic suspension or on probation will not be admitted to Gogebic Community College until s/he can qualify for re-admission to the institution from which s/he was dismissed, except with permission of the Dean of Official transcripts from prior colleges must be submitted.

Apply Now.


Returning Student

Students who have withdrawn, from Gogebic Community College for one semester or more may reapply for admission to the college. If a student has attended another college(s), an official transcript of all academic work must be on file in the Admissions Office before re-admission status will be determined.

  • Former students who have voluntarily dropped out of Gogebic Community College for one or more semesters and who were in good standing must apply for readmission by completing the application for admission.
  • Former students who have been suspended from Gogebic Community College for one semester or more must apply for readmission by completing the Application for Admission. A suspended student is required to make an appointment with the Dean of Students to discuss readmission.

Apply Now.


International Student

International Student Applications
International students must fulfill the same requirements as all incoming students and follow the same procedures in applying for admission, along with the following requirements:

  • Applicants must provide all documentation necessary for completion of paperwork associated with U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service requirements.
  • A $100 non-refundable application fee must be submitted with the official GCC Application for Admission.
  • If English is not your native language, a minimum score of 78 on the Internet Based Test (IBT) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
  • Applicants must show documented evidence that they have adequate financial reserves to cover the expenses of attending Gogebic for one academic year.
  • Official transcripts or certificates of all subjects taken and the specific grades earned in each for secondary school and college studies must be provided. These documents must be written in English or accompanied by certified English translations.
  • Proof of health insurance must be provided.

International student applications will be reviewed by the admissions committee, who will make a decision recommending admission acceptance.

Apply Now.


Early College

Early College
This is a five-year high school program designed to allow high school students to earn a high school diploma and an associate’s degree or substantial college credit through an additional fifth year of study, provided that they meet the minimum requirements set by the state of Michigan in English and Math on one of the following tests: EXPLORE, PLAN, ACT, Accuplacer, MME, PSAT, or SAT.

Click here for early college forms for Copper Country.

Click here for early college forms for GOISD.


HS Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment
Student still in high school who demonstrate academic readiness for college level courses through college approved measurement instruments may be admitted to take Gogebic Community College courses. This demonstration includes scoring into college level course work on one of the following placement tests: EXPLORE, PLAN, ACT, Accuplacer, MME, PSAT, or SAT with the appropriate qualifying scores in Math and English. All dual enrolled students must also have written approval from their high school prior to being registered for college courses.

Click here and use the Dual Enrollment course registration.

Apply Now.


Non Degree Seeking

Personal Enrichment/Job Upgrade/Other Non-Degree
Students who plan to take six or less credits and are non-degree seeking. Students in these programs are not eligible for Financial Aid.   

Apply Now using the short registration form.

Guest Applicants
Guest applicants (students who are enrolled primarily at another college or a university and wish to take a limited number of courses at GCC) must submit a guest application form supplied by the Registrar’s Office of the college they are attending. A guest application is valid for one semester only and serves as the student’s application for admission and registration form. Students must provide prerequisite documentation of prior coursework, if necessary.

Apply Now.