Gogebic Community College

Incoming Transfer Students



Non-traditional Transfer Credits

We know you have prior life and academic experience. Talk to us! 

College course credit will be granted to students who participate in the Advanced Placement (AP) Program at their area high school and pass the Advanced Placement examinations with an appropriate score. Only those AP courses approved by Gogebic Community College faculty will transfer in as College credit.

Exam Score GCC Equivalent 
Calculus AB 4,5 MTH 150
3 May enroll in MTH 151, credit for MTH 150 awarded upon earning a grade of "C" or higher in MTH 151
Calculus BC 4,5 MTH 150 & 151
3 May enroll in MTH 152, credit for MTH 150 in MTH 151 awarded upon earning a grade of "C" or higher in MTH 152
Chemistry 3 CHM 151
Economics-Macro 3 ECO 201
Economics-Micro 3 ECO 202
English Language and Composition 3 ENG 101
European History 3 HST 101
French Language 3 Transfer Elective
German Elective 3 Transfer Elective
Government & Politics - Comparative 3 Social Science Elective
Government & Politics - US 3 PLS 101
Human Geography 3 GEG 111

The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is administered by the CollegBoard CLEP enables those who have reached the college level of education to assess the level of their academic achievement and to use the test results for college credit. Students planning to transfer to a university should consult that institution's CLEP policies before taking CLEP tests. Some institutions do not accept CLEP credits for some subjects, such as biology and chemistry.

Only the courses listed will be considered for transfer if the final score is 50 or higher. (more info)

Veterans who feel that training received in the military is applicable to their program of study may request that such training be evaluated for credit. The veteran must produce proper documentation that will be evaluated by the Transfer Coordinator based on the American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations. For more information, visit their web site at www.acenet.edu. Veterans planning to transfer from Gogebic Community College to another institution should be aware that the institution may not accept the credit for military training given by Gogebic, but will usually wish to re-evaluate the training documentation.

Regularly enrolled students may, in some subject areas, be able to earn credit for a course offered by the college by successfully completing a comprehensive examination or series of examinations.  Student who believe they have mastered a course through life experience, past training or intelligence may, at the discretion of the Division Chairperson, instructor and advisor, make application through the Office of the Registrar to take the examination if one has been developed in that subject area.

Scenic Background