What is MiLEAP (Michigan Learning & Education Advancement Program)?
- Participants will go from the classroom or short-term training to high-skill, high-wage job opportunities
- Participation will save you money and help you get marketable degrees and certificates
- This opportunity is available from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2023
- Bay CC, Bay Mills CC, Gogebic CC, LSSU, NMU, MTU, and the UP Area Health Education Center provide training through the OneUP initiative
What Training is Eligible?
Short-term training opportunities in Manufacturing and Healthcare.
Who is Eligible?
Participants must have a high school diploma or an equivalent degree and be one of the following:
- Laid Off
- In Search of Work
- Working, but Not as Much as They’d Like
- Deemed an Essential Worker during COVID-19
- Living in an economically distressed rural community (communities in Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Keweenaw, Mackinac, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft counties automatically qualify as distressed)
- Economically disadvantaged
Are you feeling stressed out about course fees, your tuition, and your resume? Schedule an appointment with a Michigan Works! representative by clicking here or scanning the QR code below:
Call Upper Peninsula Michigan Works! at 1-800-285-9675 or text us at 906-629-1976 for more information.