Women’s Volleyball Coach
Gogebic Community College (Ironwood, MI)
Gogebic Community College is an NJCAA Division II institution. The position of Women’s Volleyball Coach will be responsible for the direction, supervision and coaching of the women’s volleyball team. The Coach leads all aspects of academic success, coaching, strength and conditioning, recruiting, planning of practices, organization of team meetings and film study, and scheduling and travel management. The college competes with other two-year colleges in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, and with various regional four-year colleges and universities. The successful candidate will have the ability to foster personal growth, development, and academic and athletic achievement of players.
- Develop, structure and implement a regionally and nationally competitive intercollegiate women’s volleyball program, striving for team athletic and academic excellence.
- Recruitment and retention of approximately 12-15 student-athletes annually.
- Provide leadership that promotes integrity.
- Build and secure a schedule of competition with appropriate NJCAA, NCAA, NAIA colleges and universities.
- Submit travel plans, budget requests for recruitment and athletic competition activities to the Athletic Director.
- Report game statistics to the appropriate athletic and news websites for the NJCAA.
- Oversee and manage team budget and operate teams within budget limits.
- Develop and promote camp/clinic programs for area/regional youth skill enhancement.
- Adhere to all NJCAA Division II rules and regulations governing collegiate athletics and women’s volleyball.
- Support and promote our institutional identity and mission.
- Perform additional administrative responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two to three years high school and or college coaching experience preferred.
- Collegiate playing and coaching preferred.
- Demonstrated success recruiting student-athlete prospects.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and a positive attitude.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development.
- Valid driver's license required.
ADDITIONAL POSITION NOTES
Salary Information: Commensurate with experience. This position is compensated with a stipend. The Head Coach is viewed as a mentor and advocate of equity and diversity within the athletic department. Female and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing all of the following:
- A letter of interest
- A detailed resume
- Three references with current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
Other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.