Commercial Driving – Part Time Instructor
Gogebic Community College seeks a part-time faculty member to be the primary driving instructor for a CDL program at Gogebic Community College (GCC). Our program is a one-semester certificate program offered during the fall and spring academic semesters.
This position offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to assist our program in to a promising future. The successful candidate should not only have a strong instructional skill-set, but he or she should also be willing and able to help develop and implement a sustainable future vision for the program.
Required for Consideration
- Have a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Pass all State of Michigan requirements.
- The ability and know-how to work with students of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Comfortable with autonomy and assuming a leadership role.
Preferred for Consideration
- Prior CDL work experience.
- An understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Familiarity with course development/curriculum processes.
- Literacy in word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Office) desirable.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
three references with current contact information
GCC Application for Employment
unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.