Psychology Instructor—Ironwood Campus
Gogebic Community College seeks candidates for a full-time tenure-track faculty position to teach Psychology courses. We seek a candidate with excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, someone with the ability to use technology to enhance teaching and learning, and one who is familiar with student outcomes assessment. A commitment to innovative instructional models including distance learning and hybrid is expected. It is important that there is recognition, acceptance, and adherence to the community college mission and philosophy from our candidate.
- Providing lead instruction in a variety of Psychology courses, including but not limited to General Psychology, Child Development and Psychology, Lifespan Development, and Psychology of Personality.
- Creating, selecting, and revising course materials as necessary.
- Conducting and overseeing student outcomes assessment.
- Mentoring adjunct faculty who teach Psychology courses.
- Keeping students informed regarding course requirements, evaluation measures, and attendance policies.
- Posting and maintaining regular office hours.
- Participating in faculty discussions of curriculum, teaching-learning techniques, and teaching materials.
- Participating regularly in department, instructional, and college meetings and committees.
- Working effectively with other faculty and staff in a rapidly changing team environment.
- A Master’s Degree in Psychology from a U.S. Department of Education regionally accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 18 Master’s Degree credits in Sociology preferred.
- Experience teaching a variety of courses in Psychology and Sociology, community-college level preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to use technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Familiarity with student outcomes assessment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications will be accepted until June 2, 2019.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing all of the following in one email or mailed envelope:
- A letter of interest
- A detailed resume
- Three references with current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
Other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.