Director of Instructional Technology and Design
The Director of Instructional Technology and Design is a full-time position that provides long-term and day-to-day management of the College's online courses and programs, Learning Management System (LMS) support for all faculty and students, and professional development support to all Faculty and Adjunct Faculty. The salary range for this position is $57,154-$78,696. Additionally, the Director is responsible for all online, website, and multimedia accessibility. The Director reports to the Vice President of Academic Services and works collaboratively with the Vice President of Student Services, Marketing, and Information Technology services. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the quality of the online courses at Gogebic Community College is strong and is consistent with the rigor and scope of face-to-face offerings. The Director is responsible for ensuring that all accreditation and regulatory requirements for online learning are met with an emphasis on certifying that all online instructional material and marketing material is accessible.
- Assist faculty and related administrators to implement effective pedagogies, technologies, and methodologies in respective programs to promote student engagement and success.
- Provide strategic direction for online learning commensurate with industry best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver online training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies, and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning.
- Research and utilize the most up-to-date practices and technologies related to instructional design and online learning applications.
- Enhance online student services.
- Ensure the smooth operation of services for online students.
- Ensure LMS, website, and all other electronic communication mediums to be in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Oversee Library operations, including assisting with online research and supervising library employees and student workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred from a U.S. Department of Education regionally accredited college or university.
- Three or more years of Online teaching experience.
- Experience developing Online courses and curriculum.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Experience in instructional design and working with online content.
- Experience in training and presenting.
- Familiarity with video conferencing tools.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee may need to file, handle, and transport physical materials, such as paperwork, books, or tech equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near a video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications will be accepted until April 14, 2020.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
three references with current contact information
unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Ashley Paquette, Director of Human Resources
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
The College will conduct all interviews via video conference during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Click here to see the College’s response to COVID-19 https://gogebic.edu/