Director of Learning Resources
Gogebic Community College seeks candidates for a full-time Director of Learning Resources who has a compelling vision of the future of Gogebic Community College’s Learning Resources. This position provides long-term and day-to-day management of the College's learning resources, online courses and programs, Learning Management System (LMS) support for all faculty and students, and professional development support to all online Faculty and Adjunct Faculty. Additionally, the Director is responsible for all online, website, and multimedia accessibility. The Director reports to the VP of Academic Services and works collaboratively with the VP of Student Services, Marketing, and Information Technology services. The Director is responsible for ensuring that all accreditation and regulatory requirements for online learning are met with emphasis on certifying that all online instructional material and marketing material is accessible. This position reports to the Vice President of Academic Services. It is important that there is recognition, acceptance, and adherence to the community college mission and philosophy from our candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the College’s Learning Resources programs and services, develop policies to guide operations, and promote continuous improvement within the context of the College’s strategic initiatives in order to further the College’s mission and vision.
- Advocate for College’s Learning Resources initiatives, services and partnerships by developing strong relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators, and community organizations.
- Prepare and manage the learning resources budget by analyzing research needs of students and faculty to support learning and scholarship within a changing academic learning landscape; manage resources necessary for learning operations in coordination with administration.
- Instruction of Freshman Orientation courses, sections of courses, and/or topics including the effective use of research and information resources.
- Successful project management experience.
- Provide leadership and direction to Faculty on Open Educational Resources integration on campus and off-campus.
- Assist faculty and related administrators to implement effective pedagogies, technologies, and methodologies in respective programs to promote student engagement and success.
- Provide strategic direction for online learning commensurate with industry best practices.
- Maintain LMS, website, and all other electronic communication mediums to be in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Design, develop, and deliver online training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies, and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning.
- Responsible for ensuring online quality and rigor that is consistent to face-to-face offerings.
- Ensure the smooth operation of services for online students.
- Participate in campus activities and serve on college committees.
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in the field of online learning, instructional design or related field.
- Online teaching experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of information technologies and trends in higher education as they affect learning resources.
- Knowledge of Moodle.
- Experience in instructional design and working with online content.
- Knowledge of resource sharing systems.
- Professional knowledge of college curriculum development.
- Experience with budget development and management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use a computer; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. This position requires some day travel and some overnight trips. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position does require some evening hours.
Applications will be accepted until October 9, 2019.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing all of the following in one email or mailed envelope:
- A letter of interest
- A detailed resume
- Three references with current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
Other relevant material to:
Director of Human Resources, Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.