Gogebic Community College Reopening Plan:
Gogebic Community College has utilized color to mark the levels of action and situational awareness based upon the response to and mitigation of the COVID-19 pandemic of the campus. These colors will be indicators as to the status of campus operations. The transition from one color level to another will be identified in the transition variables referenced in each color level description. All transitions between color levels as follows will be facilitated by the President in consultation with the administrative team and local health departments.
IRONWOOD AND HOUGHTON CENTER STATUS
Current Status Orange Level
- Staffing will be based on local COVID spread and local health department information
- Physical campus is open. Campus office hours of operation will be 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The Lindquist Center, library, snack bar, and computer labs are restricted to student use only.
- All CDC PPE requirements are in effect
- Bookstore operations will limit number of students in store and students are encouraged to purchase textbooks online with flat shipping rate of $5
Gogebic Community College has taken the following actions to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission among our students, staff and visitors:
- A reusable cloth mask has been provided to all staff and will be provided for all students enrolled
- Increased cleaning and sanitization is occurring on campus for the safety of all students, staff and visitors
- Hand sanitizer has been placed across all campus facilities for use
- Separation stickers have been applied to reinforce social distancing
- Classes have been placed in rooms where social distancing can take place
- Acrylic screens have been installed in high traffic service areas and communication points to protect staff, students and visitors
- Additional acrylic screens have been placed on campus in gathering places to provide protection for students
- Clear signage has been installed to reinforce hygiene and hand washing to reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Work related travel has been limited for all staff and faculty
- Multi-modal class offerings have been designed to provide options for the student to attend in person or via distance education
- Paper towel dispensers are adjacent to all bathroom doors to provide an option for non-contact with the door handles
- Employees have been training on COVID-19 precautions and prevention
- Signage has been installed to alert all those who enter campus that the College and State of Michigan mandates the use of a face mask upon entering to protect our students and themselves
- Elevators will be posted to no more than two occupants
- Stairwells will be directional to reduce exposure and create social distancing.
- Clear signage has been installed on all exterior doors to identify entry and exit points to campus
- Wifi has been extended to the parking lots in Ironwood and Houghton for student access
- Live chat has been added to the webpage to assist with questions due to the campus being closed over the spring and summer
COVID - 19 Primary Contact for Ironwood: Erik Guenard 906-285-0090
COVID - 19 Primary Contact for Houghton: Stacy Brey 906-250-5409