Take a Class

Are you ready to Go Bold and take a class at Gogebic Community College?

Let us help you find the right application for your needs. Consult the table below to determine which type of student you identify with and click the link that corresponds with that student.

If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office in Ironwood at 906.307.1207 or the Copper Country Center in Houghton at 906.483.0070. You can also reach the Admissions Office by emailing admissions@gogebic.edu

To see what courses are offered in the current and upcoming semesters, please feel free to browse our course listings located here.

 Type of Student


Application Needed

First Time Student - High school Graduates or High School Equivalents, with no prior College experience GCC Admissions Application



Transfer Student - Student Transferring to GCC from another post-secondary institution GCC Admissions Application



Returning Student - Student who previously attended GCC and has stopped out for more than one semester GCC Admissions Application



Early College Student - Student attending their 5th year of high school in order to receive an associate's degree or substantial college credit GOISD Early College  Copper Country Early College



Dual Enrollment Student - High school student taking college level courses through college approved measurements. Dual Enrollment Registration



Non-Degree Seeking Student - Individual intending to take 6 or fewer credits for personal enrichment, job upgrade, or another reason Short Registration Form



Guest Student - Student primarily enrolled at another institution looking to take a class at GCC. Please contact the registrar at your current institution to acquire the guest application needed.


Non-Credit Course - Continuing Education (CED) Training Registration Form


If you are a current degree-seeking student looking to register for classes, you can do so by logging into your MyGCC account.

Short Registration Form for non-degree seeking students:

A non-degree seeking student is an individual looking to take a class for personal enrichment, for their current job, or any other personal reasons. typically, a non-degree seeking student is taking 6 or fewer credits per semester. Students who apply through a short registration form are not eligible for financial aid.

If the above description applies to you, please feel free to fill out the application below.