GO BOLD WITH NURSING AT GOGEBIC COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Start working as a Registered Nurse in as little as 2 ½ years! The nursing program gives you a wide variety of hands-on nursing experiences. Employers recognize GCC graduates as nurses who are well trained to care for patients right out of school.
Training funds could be available for Michigan residents through UP Michigan Works!
Schedule a meeting to see if you qualify
Our nursing programs are designed to offer students options and career mobility! GCC offers two program options that are approved by the Michigan State Board of Nursing:
- Associate Degree Nursing with LPN Exit Option – 64 credits
- Advanced Standing LPN to RN Associate Degree - 42 credits
- Students successfully completing the first and second semesters of nursing classes and the LPN exit out class are eligible to sit for the LPN licensure exam.
- Students successfully completing the Associate Degree program are eligible to sit for the RN licensure exam.
- Licensed LPNs wishing to obtain their RN degree may apply for the advanced standing LPN-RN program.
Quality and Experience:
- GCC Nursing students graduate with the skills necessary to confidently care for acute and chronically ill patients in a wide variety of hospital and community settings.
- GCC students have a reputation of being well prepared, skilled, caring professional nurses.
- A wide variety of hands-on lab and patient care simulation experiences allow students to become confident in patient care skills before working with patients in a clinical setting.
- Students apply theory and practical knowledge to a variety of patient situations during clinical experiences to prepare them for practice.
- Interactive classroom environment is designed to increase critical thinking and teaches students to think like a nurse.
- Articulation agreements allow for smooth transitions to RN to BSN programs
- Low instructor to student ratios
- Experienced faculty will prepare you to be a skilled and compassionate nurse
- Median annual wage in 2015 was $67,490 (Better Business Bureau).
- Employment is projected to grow 16% between 2014-2024.
- Variety: nurses work in hospitals, outpatient care centers, physician’s offices, home health, nursing care facilities, schools, correctional facilities, rehabilitation facilities, or in the military.
- Mobility: Nurses are highly sought after in every area of the country.
- Variety of opportunities at hospitals, clinics, long term care, behavioral health, and community settings.
- Clinical experiences will allow you to network with professionals on the healthcare team and potential employers.
- Clinical sites available in the Houghton and Ironwood regions with specialized Behavioral Health and ICU opportunities in Marquette.
- Classes, labs, and Simulations are offered in both Ironwood and Houghton during the first year of the ADN program. Classes, labs, and simulations are offered at the Ironwood campus during the second year of the ADN program.
The Gogebic Community College, practical nursing and associate degree nursing programs, are pursuing pre-accreditation candidacy status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA), located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20037; phone 202-909-2487. Interested parties are invited to submit third party comments in writing directly to NLN CNEA (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than November 24, 2022.
|RN Program with
LPN Exit Option
|LPN to RN
|FAQ||Nurse Aide||Physical Examination|
|RN to BSN||State-by-State Licensure Disclosure|
|ExamSoft Electronic Requirements||Apply Now|