GCC is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association. The athletic program provides intercollegiate competition for students in a variety of women's and men's sports. The college competes with other two-year colleges in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, as well as with various four-year colleges and universities.
An athlete is allowed two years of competition in a community college. If graduated at the end of two years, an athlete may transfer to most colleges and universities and be eligible immediately. Competition in a community college does not jeopardize future eligibility in a four year college or university. Students who wish to compete in intercollegiate athletics should contact the Athletic Director or the coach for the specific sport of interest.
Gogebic Community College can offer several advantages if you decide to attend:
- We are a Division II Junior College and offer athletic scholarships in basketball.
- We have excellent academic and occupational programs.
- We have a tutoring program that is free to all students.
- Excellent transfer of academic courses. Gogebic is accredited by North Central Association of Colleges.
- The exposure that you have at GCC will give you new options when choosing a four year school.
- We have superior athletic facilities with one of the best hardwood floors in the Midwest.
- Some of the top Nordic Ski Trails in the Midwest are located in our area.