Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)
Effective fall 2014 for new students, the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) will replace the MACRAO agreement. Students who attended prior to the fall 2014 semester can still complete the MACRAO agreement until the end of summer 2019.
The Michigan Transfer Agreement facilitates the transfer of students from community colleges to four-year colleges and universities in Michigan. By carefully choosing courses, students can earn an associate degree from Gogebic and complete the Michigan Transfer Agreement; however, students do not need to obtain a degree in order to earn the MTA designation. If students want to request the "MTA Satisfied" designation on their transcript, they should contact Jennifer Forshey - email@example.com, the Transfer Coordinator/Assistant Registrar for information on the process.
Requirements for the Michigan Transfer Agreement
- Minimum of 30 credits.
- A grade of "C" or higher is required for each course.
- One course in English Composition.
- A second course in English Composition or one course in Communications.
- One course in Mathematics.
- Two courses in Social Sciences (from two disciplines).
- Two courses in Humanities (from two disciplines excluding studio and performance classes).
- Two courses in Natural Science (from two disciplines) including one laboratory experience.