Manager of Campus Suites
Department: Student Services
Compensation: Grade 1, with college provided apartment, paid utilities and cell phone.
Description: The Manager is a 12 month live-in professional full-time position with an excellent benefits package. A successful applicant will develop and implement initiatives for students; manage and administer the physical and personal aspects of a co-ed residential area housing approximately 96 students in a manner that enhances the academic/social success of students. Other major work functions include scheduling and participation in on-call duty rotation, adjudicating conduct cases, supervision of Residence Hall Assistants, and managing the program budget. The Manager will direct the planning and implementation of selection, training, and evaluation of the Residence Hall Assistants. Additionally, the Manager will develop effective residential programming and education in areas such as alcohol and other drug use, enhancing our intercultural environment, and community development.
A. Student Development
- Assist students in developing critical self-management and community living skills.
- Develop student leadership opportunities within the residence halls.
- Participate in student conduct process.
B. Staff Supervision and Development
- Facilitate the hiring and training of the Residence Officers and provide direct supervision through-out the academic year.
- Supervise and oversee all operations in the Campus Suites facility.
- Assist and supervise the Campus Suites Staff with programming efforts, leadership opportunities, academic strategies, and conduct issues.
C. Department Leadership
- Provide vision, leadership, and supervision of the Residence Life program, including policy and procedure development and implementation, programming/residence education, housing operations, staff development, summer student housing, and ensure accountability of professional and student staff.
- Lead staff in setting and achieving annual goals.
- Enforce and monitor policies and procedures that affect the housing operation, as well as ensure the fulfillment of the housing contract, process applications, make room assignments, oversee room assignments, room changes, and coordinate the room consolidation process if necessary.
- Be a very visible and engaged member of the Student Affairs team by routinely attending programs and events on campus, including evening and weekend programs.
- Address health, safety, security, and maintenance issues in residence halls and work in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor, monitor the day-to-day custodial and maintenance functions associated with student employees within Campus Suites in coordination with the Financial Aid and Business offices.
- Design, administer, and analyze student surveys regarding student perception of on-campus living.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Assertive supervision of undergraduates and a commitment to excellence.
- A commitment and willingness to engage in complex diversity issues.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring, and supervision of student staff.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills, documentation, record keeping, and reporting.
- Experience with activity planning/programming/program development.
- Knowledge of program assessment and evaluation.
- Maintain a congenial, supportive and accepting approach when working with students, faculty, and staff.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Experience in exercising initiative, good judgment, and independent decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas: tutoring, mentoring, advising or other student support area.
- Previous experience with a residential living unit on a college or university campus.
- Previous experience as a Resident Advisor on a college or university campus.
- Background in student affairs in a higher educational setting.
- Supervisory experience, including hiring and training practices, and employee evaluation.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Vista, Windows and Outlook.
The Manager of Campus Suites reports directly to the Dean of Students. The position requires a willingness to work a variable schedule as potential assignments may include daytime, evenings or weekends and other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Application Deadline Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
- a letter of interest
- a detailed resume
- three references that include current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
- other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
GCC Application for Employment.