ASSISTANT REGISTRAR/TRANSFER COORDINATOR
The Assistant Registrar/Transfer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the transfer process for students transferring into and out of Gogebic Community College. This position performs transfer course equivalencies, reviews program guides, and is the collegeís key contact for transfer and articulation agreements. Also, this position serves as a Student Services mentor/advisor, the Veteranís Certifying Official, and maintains the computerized Advising Module. The Assistant Registrar/Transfer Coordinator reports to the Dean of Students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review program guides for colleges and universities that have transfer agreements with Gogebic Community College.
- Coordinate and implement formal articulation agreements with intermediate school districts, colleges, and universities.
- Work with transfer offices at colleges and universities on course equivalencies.
- Advise students who are transferring to colleges and universities.
- Act as a Student Services mentor, which includes academic advising.
- Serve on the Curriculum Committee.
- Act as the contact person at Gogebic for students who have transferred and are encountering difficulties with transferring.
- Collect and disseminate transfer information to academic advisors.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts, as well as requests for prior work experience learning.
- Manage the Michigan Transfer Agreement process.
- Collaborate with Gogebic faculty members who are developing new courses to ensure transferability to colleges and universities.
- Perform public presentations at high schools and various recruiting events such as college and career fairs.
- Maintain transfer information on the college website.
- Act as the Veteranís Certifying Official.
- Assist with the degree audit function.
- Maintain the Jenzabar advising module.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, experience with presentations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with various constituencies.
- Excellent computer skills; this position requires a high degree of proficiency with Jenzabar; will train qualified applicant on this specific software.
- Work independently with an excellent level of accuracy and detail.
- Multi-task many functions.
- Use good, independent judgment in handling sensitive and difficult situations.
- Participate in campus activities related to student success and retention.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelorís degree, Masterís preferred.
- A minimum of three yearsí experience in college student services, performing related tasks in a college setting.
- Valid driverís license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use a computer; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. This position requires some day travel and some overnight travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position does require some evening hours.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
- a letter of interest
- a detailed resume
- two letters of recommendation that include current contact information
- three references that include current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
- other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
GCC Application for Employment.