The incumbent in this job is expected to assist the College in achieving its vision and mission. Customer focus, college service, and a willingness to assist as needed are expectations for all employees.
Job Title: Director-Information Technology Services
Reports to: Dean of Business Services
Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at all college locations. This includes directing all IT operations to meet stakeholder requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides and facilitates instruction to users regarding all IT software and devices.
- Performs applications programming on an as needed basis.
- Installs, upgrades and maintains vendor supplied enterprise software (Jenzabar EX).
- Provides support for the Internet, network, hardware, and software.
- Develops and monitors department budget.
- Performs all duties to manage and improve Jenzabar platform for all GCC locations.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises department personnel and standing operational procedures.
- Supports user software applications in accounting, personnel, financial aid, faculty etc.
- Performs analysis and data extraction necessary to provide institutional research reports.
- Ensures timely processing of administrative reports.
- Collaborates with users on systems requirements and changes.
- Oversees the telephone system including programming, maintenance & repair.
- Ensures PCI compliance.
- Sets departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible as college IPEDS representative.
- Work strategically with Network Administrator in planning, implementing, and managing security of Gogebic's resources.
- Maintains peripheral systems including electronic door access control, internal camera systems, emergency notification system, and content management software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experience within Information Technology and a progressive career of responsibility within the field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required
to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Jenzabar EX software.
SQL server applications.
Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies.
Computer operating systems, software and hardware configuration.
Web page development and maintenance.
Support of MS Office and database integration.
Provide technical leadership in Information Systems.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Operate a PC/Mac/IOS device and related software.
Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
Program, operate and maintain a wide range of computer hardware and software.
Supervise a small technical staff.
Active Directory administration experience.
Exchange server administration.
MSSQL and MYSQL Database server administration and general understanding of database concepts.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Independent problem-solving, self-direction, and well established time management skills.
Experience providing support directly to end users both physically present and remotely.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
- a letter of interest
- a detailed resume
- three references that include current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
- other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
GCC Application for Employment.