Electrical Line Mechanic Certificate Program/Commercial Driver's License - Full-time Faculty
Gogebic Community College seeks a full-time faculty member to be the primary instructor for a 32-credit Electrical Line Mechanic (ELM) Certificate Program and to provide instruction to a Commercial Driver's License Curriculum at Gogebic Community College (GCC). Our ELM program is a one-year certificate program offered over fall and spring academic semesters.
This position offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to lead our program in to a renewed and promising future. The successful candidate should not only have strong instructional skill-set, but he or she should also be willing and able to help develop and implement a sustainable future vision for the program. We are a school passionate about student success and seek a candidate who shares our belief in having top-notch quality programs for our students. GCC is located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- Certificate in Electrical Lineman Technology, Associate's degree preferred in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Qualifications as a Safety Trainer.
- The ability and know-how to work with students of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- Three years driving and one year as driver trainer.
- Excellent driving record.
- Comply with Part 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of DOT, state, and federal laws and regulations related to truck drivers, driving safety, and health practices.
- Two years of work experience as a supervisor in the line-worker profession.
- Two years of experience as a trainer in a line-worker training program and commercial driver's license program/preparation program.
- An understanding of the community college philosophy and mission.
- Previous teaching experience at the community college level.
- Familiarity with course development/curriculum processes.
- Literacy in word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Office) desirable.
- Substation and system operation experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and averaging all units of measure. Ability to compute fractions, percentages, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems and manage conflict effectively and appropriately.
- Computer Skills - Skill in the use of computers, MS Office Suite, and commitment to use of technology in instruction.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, and weekend hours at multiple sites.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
- a letter of interest
- a detailed resume
- three references that include current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
- other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
GCC Application for Employment.