Apply for Student Housing
Student Housing Checklist:
(This checklist is for those students interested in housing for the 2014-2015 academic year. If you are looking for more information for a different academic year, please connect with the Office of Student Housing, 1-800-682-5910, ext. 268)
- Complete and submit the Campus Suites Application or online.
- The application, provided with this checklist, needs to be filled out completely as the answers help the office to place residents and to communicate those placements.
- Return the application, either by mail or in person, to the Office of Student Housing along with the $25.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Complete and submit the Campus Suites Contract.
- The contract will either be mailed to the address listed on your application once it is submitted or will be included in your application packet. Return the signed contract to the Office of Student Housing. Please be sure to thoroughly review the content of the contract before signing.
- Submit the $200.00 security deposit payment. The contract is not complete and a space will not be reserved until this payment is received. Once a student moves in to student housing, the security deposit converts to a refundable damage deposit.
- Please note that once you sign and submit the Campus Suites Contract, you will be billed for housing for the entire academic year unless you cancel your contract prior to moving in to the Campus Suites or until you receive approval on a Contract Release Request.
- Wait for notification regarding your housing assignment.
- Once your application materials are received in full, a housing assignment will be made. Confirmation of your assignment will be mailed to the address listed on your application. As we have a limited number of spaces in student housing, reservations will not be made until a student has submitted a completed application, a $25.00 application fee payment, a signed contract, and a $200.00 security deposit payment. It is recommended that the application, contract, and correlating payments are submitted to the Office of Student Housing no later than July 18, 2014. Applications will still be accepted after that point but reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Contact information for your assigned roommates and suitemates will be included in your housing assignment when possible. If you want your contact information to be shared with your roommate or suitemates, please be sure to indicate such on the designated space in the Campus Suites Application.
- As applications are received throughout the summer, the Office of Student Housing may need to make changes to your housing assignment after it has been made. You will be notified of these changes should they arise.
Don’t forget to…
- Apply for admission to Gogebic Community College, attend Orientation, and register for classes. To be eligible for student housing at GCC, you must be an admitted student and registered for 12 or more credits at the school. If you have any questions about your admissions status, please connect with our Admissions Office at 1-800-682-5910, ext. 207.
- Complete your Financial Aid paperwork for 2014-2015. Please review the checklist (http://gogebic.edu/financial/checklist.php) for more information and ensure you are applying for the 2014-2015 academic year. If you have any questions about financial aid, please connect with our Financial Aid Office at 1-800-682-5910, ext. 206.