Request for Proposals
Request for Proposals
Summary: The Marketing Manager is responsible for executing marketing strategies; assists to build a better understanding of- and support for- programs and services within the College and the greater community. The Marketing Manager establishes ways to enhance the College's image, increase enrollment, and build support for College programs and services.
Marketing Manager Job Duties:
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and advertising campaigns by analyzing enrollment forecasts; assist with the preparation of marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and outside consultants in executing the College marketing plan.
- Manage GCC's social media presence on popular social media sites, regularly posting relevant content and interacting with followers.
- Tracks marketing efforts by analyzing data.
- Captures photos of students/programs for promotional use on social media, website, marketing materials.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing marketing data.
- Supports recruitment by assisting with the development and production of materials with appropriate messaging, i.e. flyers, newspaper ads, digital ads
- Create desktop and mobile search ads and campaigns to drive prospects to the web advertising.
- Create digital (internet & mobile) display ads that target sites frequented by prospects.
- Work closely with staff to create an effective strategy to market programs to the prospects and the community.
- Researches competitors by identifying and evaluating characteristics, market share, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Maintain the College "brand," ensuring all use of GCC logos and colors adhere to the brand guidelines.
- Manage CMS from a marketing perspective, updating the college's homepage and other high-priority pages to provide timely and relevant content to website visitors, especially prospective students.
- Monitor content status of department and program webpages, making sure content is fresh and relevant and, if needed, contacting the appropriate personnel to update the outdated content.
- Run website tests after a major CMS software upgrade/update, checking for and resolving any errors and compatibility issues.
- Develop resource bank identifying areas of faculty and staff expertise for promotion of the College's expertise in matters consistent with the College's mission.
- Review google analytics to understand website trends i.e. top ten locations of website visitors.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading publications.
- Execute email campaigns using GCC email or email marketing tool such as MailChimp for various marketing campaigns.
- Supports media relations.
- Minimum of 16 hours per week on the Ironwood campus.
- Participate in campus activities and serve on college committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Related work experience in same or similar position.
- Experience in higher education, particularly with community colleges.
- Graphic design experience.
- Skilled in the use of technology, including social media, to conduct the job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the community and media contacts.
- Experience in website management/maintenance.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position will involve day travel and occasional overnight travel.
Request for proposals will be accepted until 1:00 p.m. Central Standard time on Thursday, August 3, 2017.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
- a letter of interest
- a detailed resume
- work samples
- three references with current contact information
- unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.