Director of Medical Assistant Program
The program director will serve as the lead faculty for the program in curriculum development and instructional advancement in the field of medical assisting. Additionally, the program director will be responsible for coordinating efforts to establish a CMA program on the Copper Country Campus. Once established, the program director will be responsible for coordinating the maintenance of the program on the Houghton campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the instructional needs of students in the program and coordinate the development of a plan to address these needs.
- Coordinate course and clinical scheduling for both faculty and students.
- Identify and recruit qualified faculty for the program.
- Oversee faculty in the program.
- Maintain appropriate contact and meet requirements of accrediting agencies.
- Maintain quality assurance to remain compliant with all required agencies.
- Prepare on-site annual reviews by accrediting agencies.
- Prepare quarterly and/or annual reports and extensive self-study.
- Recruit and secure clinical sites.
- Prepare clinical contracts and obtain qualified preceptors at each clinical facility.
- Recruit and maintain members of the program Advisory Committee from the community.
- Advise and orient medical assistant students.
- Maintain CMA Program and Practicum Handbooks.
- Provide orientation for the on-site practicum supervisors.
- Provide oversight of the practicum experience.
- Provide on-site assessment of student experiences and the quality of learning opportunities at least once during each term students are assigned to the practicum site.
- Provide practicum preparedness to assure students have appropriate equipment, supplies and space.
- Program Review (per college policy).
An Associate’s Degree Medical Assisting or a health related field.
Instruction in educational theory and techniques.
Credentialed in good standing in Medical Assisting by an institution whose credentialing exam is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies or the American National Standards Institute, or be willing to obtain the credential by June 30, 2018.
A minimum of three years of employment in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants.
Have a minimum of one year teaching experience in postsecondary and/or vocational/technical education.
Valid Driver’s License.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
three references with current contact information
unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Gogebic Community College
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.