Staff Accountant/Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Business Services
The Staff Accountant/Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Business Services is responsible for the full range of bursarial responsibilities: including student billing, collections, student tax reporting, insurance reporting, loan posting and refunds, third party billing, reconciliation of faculty and staff travel advances, and knowledge of all forms and procedures. This is an Exempt position that reports to the Dean of Business Services.
The incumbent in this job is expected to assist Gogebic Community College in achieving its vision and mission. Customer focus, college service, and a willingness to assist as needed are expectations for all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitates face-to-face and online student payments.
- Performs student and third party billing procedures on a monthly basis.
- Administers petty cash funds petty for the Business Office and manages two additional office petty cash funds.
- Provides support for insurance vendor to maintain up to date coverage on health, property, vehicle, liability, and etc. policies.
- Facilitates all insurance health savings accounts and cobra insurance paperwork.
- Facilitates all collection activities.
- Manages merchant services for online transactions.
- Performs all duties to initiate, collect, and maintain student payment plans.
- Utilizes user software applications in accounting, personnel, and financial aid.
- Ensures timely processing of administrative and student reports.
- Prepares journal entries.
- End of year 1098-T.
- All student refund activities.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Jenzabar EX software.
- Accounts receivable and billing procedures.
- Time management.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Office with concentration on Excel and Word.
- Provide accurate and timely information to students on their accounts.
- Maintain strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a PC/Mac/IOS device and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- In accounts receivable.
- Independent problem solving, self-direction, and well established time management skills.
- Providing customer service directly to end-users both physically present and remotely.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing all of the following:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
three references that include current contact information
unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.